Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This weekend...

Okay.. pics will have to come later, when I get some editing software installed on my laptop. This past weekend I decided, at the last minute, to go to San Diego for Pride. Now this was a VERY last minute decision and the hotels were all pretty much booked. I ended up with a room at a Motel 6 that was surprisingly close to the Hillcrest area of SD. For those of you who aren't familiar with SD, Hillcrest is the gay area of town.

Now, I'd love to be able to post something about how much fun I had, and what kind of crazy times there were. But there weren't. Well... I take that back. There was one incident that wasn't your typical run of the mill normal event.

On Saturday night I went out to Rich's, a bar in the ghetto. It was crowded and I couldn't find my friends. So I left and went down to Flick's for the rest of the night. When Flick's closed, I was hungry so I hopped in my car and ran through the only open drive thru, Jack in the Box. The line was quite long so I pulled up and put my car in park. Well.. next thing I know, my phone ringing wakes me up! I had fallen asleep while waiting in line! I look up and realize that the car ahead of me has already pulled ahead. There are also two guys walking toward my car and one is starting to knock on my window. The phone call is from my friend who I'm trying to get ahold of, and the car behind me starts honking. My brain was going through overload at this point. It's 2:30am and I'm in a strange city in a drive through for a fast food restaurant I would never choose if I had other options. There is a very happy asian guy waiting for me to roll down my window and talk to him. My friend on the phone is trying to find out where I'm at. Hell, I barely know where I'm at.

Anyway, I hang up with my friend. I roll down the window and find out that the two guys at standing next to my car are trying to get food in the drive thru but don't have a car, and the drive thru personnel won't serve them food unless they are in a car. So they want to know if they can get in my car! Or if I at least order for them.

The car behind me has stopped honking. I just pull out of the line and leave. Now all this has happening in the space of about 20 seconds. I finally wake up enough to call my friend back and find out where he's at. I spent the rest of the night dancing and having a great time. I got to bed around 5:30am Sunday morning and woke up to start my day around 11:30am.

Other than that, my weekend was pretty regular. I did make it to the beach, but the weather was a bit overcast all weekend. The closing party at the San Diego zoo was fun, and the music was good, but it was just another dance party. I went back to my hotel room and got some sleep.

One of the most exciting parts of my weekend was only having to fill up my gas tank once. Yes, my Toyota Prius Hybrid drove my butt 504 miles on one 10.5 gallon tank.

4 Comments:

Blogger brenton said...

"i spent the rest of the night dancing and having fun"... that officially translates to a hot 3-way that I wish I had been there for.

10:56 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Oh ho! Someone is a little jealous.

So you didn't let the guys into your car to order food? I would be on the fence on that one. On the one hand wanting to do a favor and on the other, fearing one would pull out a gun and car-jack me. Ya never know.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Yes, with a Prius it probably would have been the latter. They not only stole a car but be saving on gas, too!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I am waiting for the pics. Hope no one minds...

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home