Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Two heads...

Happy Independence Day!!

Brenton and I are now making a conjoined effort to get him here to the US. I've posted to the chorus and already heard some positive responses in regards to jobs. We're keeping our fingers crossed on this one!

All day there has been an outdoor party in the park near my house. I've been listening to a very broad range of hip hop music. From what I can tell, and trust me I'm no expert, it's not recorded, it local talent. Not really sure what hip hop in the park is supposed to sound like, but I'm guessing that I don't have a valid example at this point in time.

Other than that I've just finished planting the last of the plants for the backyard, and

I'm headed into the city this evening to watch the fireworks from Hot Cookie Dan's place. I'm going in with good friends from Napa. This should be interesting. i'll more than likely have to wear a coat and it's the friggin' 4th of July. Back home in Oklahoma you would need a misting bottle and tall glass of lemonade.

Speaking of Oklahoma, I had to call me ex to get a number for a friend of ours who lives in Oklahoma City. I lost his number when I lost my phone a few weeks ago in Chicago. Apparently the ex will be heading back this way at the end of the week. If I know him he'll take several days to get back. So the countdown is on!!! Unfortunately it's not as happy a countdown as it was with Brenton coming.

3 Comments:

Blogger dpaste said...

You're an Okie? That explains the strapping frame.

12:19 PM  
Blogger brenton said...

Fingers crossed baby, you can sort it all out and get out of that house!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Good luck dealing with the ex and better luck getting Brenton to CA.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home