Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Can't sleep...

It's Wednesday evening, around 11:30pm and I can't sleep. I just got my insurance update. Because of my wreck I'm now paying 4x as much for my insurance. I may have to switch companies to see if I can get a lower rate elsewhere. I may also have to sell my car and get one with a lower monthly payment. All of this is kind of sudden.

I called Brenton when I got the news. I just needed some support. No Dr. Phil moments or anything. Just an understanding voice on the other end of the call. I could never have done that with my ex. It would have been a huge "you brought this on yourself" trip if I had brought up the fact my insurance rates quadrupled. It's a lonely feeling when life forces you to make big decisions, and the one person who should be by your side, just stands back and waits to see if you fall flat on your face.

So B, thank you for listening.

3 Comments:

Blogger dpaste said...

He's a gem, ain't he? Lucky boy.

1:11 PM  
Blogger brenton said...

Hey baby, I'll always listen. I might give you a kick in the butt when you need it but I'll always kiss it better too!
B xoxo

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You should switch insurance companies immediately. A new company will give you a break since they want your business. I have done this before: totalled a car (single car accident - slid out of control on ice) and got safe driver insurance with Allstate. My old company threatened to call and report me but I did it anyhow. Go ahead and do it. You have nothing to lose.

Just picture your honey's arms around you while you drift off to sleep...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home