Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Eye of the storm

Today has actually been pretty good. After another pool incident, which thankfully took place over the phone, last night was quiet. In fact, Jim (the ex's name) even told me he didn't want to fight. That it makes him sick to his stomach. I wondered to myself, why he fought then. But today and this evening after work has been rather ameniable.

I've figured out that something in has past has caused him to always need to be in control of the situation. I, on the otherhand, am fine knowing the situation is under control. Notice how those two prepositions completely change the context and the attitudes of the persons involved. The one thing that drives him completely insane is not feeling like he is in control of the situation. My decision to end the relationship removed any control he had over it. It also spun his life out of control.

So the drama seems to have quieted down. Which is very good. I am not wasting any more energy on it. Besides, I have to figure out how to get a certain Aussie into the states as well as get my new consulting company off the ground.

Viva la S-Corp!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger dpaste said...

Glad to hear it. However, the think about the eye of the storm is that while it is calm, it means that the other half of the storm still hasn't hit yet.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home