Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh.. it's Friday...

Yes, my peeps, it is Friday. I am sitting here at the table of my friends house working and I'm SOOO looking forward to this weekend. My ex is going back to Rochester, NY for his 20th high school reunion. Even if we were together I wouldn't have been invited so I don't feel the least bit of anguish.

This week has been busy, despite the fact that I'm mostly working from the living room.

Updates:

1) My dinner the other evening went very, very well. It was sort of a group birthday dinner for a group of friends in Napa. These friends are older and all pretty well connected. It is becoming apparent to me that homemade Thai food might just be the next big thing up here. Two of the ladies in the group want me to cater dinner parties for them now! Two of the friends in the group are the president and v-president of the International Wine and Food Socity chapter there in Napa. They're going to get me to do a dinner/food pairing at one of their upcoming wine tasting events! How f*cking cool is that? Oh, and I charge per head so I'm making money off this now.

2) House-sitting has been an interesting experience. My friends here in Oakland are, shall we say, eclectic in their accumulation of things. I know they went to the grocery store for me last weekend, so I would have food in the house. But to be honest, I can't tell what is new and what isn't? And while it's not totally a bad thing, it seems all they have to drink in the house is good wine and liquor. If I were in my 20s again, that would be perfect! LOL, but I don't drink alone. Okay... I don't get drunk alone. I glass of wine now and then is good. But I made spicy guacamole last night, and after scarfing down the whole bowl, I couldn't find anything to put out the fire in my mouth. Where's that damn tequila?

3) Another job interview. This one should be on the phone today. Just yesterday I sent my resume in for some job posting on the internet, and 3 hours later the recruiter was calling me! Where was this 4 years ago when I was desperately searching for a job?? It never fails. When you don't need something, there's plenty of it lying around.

Okay, back to the grindstone. I've got to get this project out of the way so I can move on to bigger and better things. Namely, the couch and some somosas from Berkeley Bowl!

So if you'll excuse me, I need to open another bottle of wine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Forget the interviews. Sounds like you'll be catering full time before you know it! :)

BTW - How is the Bernese Mountain dog?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great show says bare in eireor billykelly56@yahoo.co.uk

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home