Spunky... with a dash of salt.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

OMG... It's happening again!!!

Holy cow it's been a long time. I was just going over all my old posts and I realized I haven't been keeping a journal at all these past few years. Shame on me. Especially since so much has happened.

Update:
I sold my car in December of 2007
Matthew and I stopped seeing each other early 2008
I did the AIDSLifecycle 7 ride in May/June of 2008
Went to Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza in July of 2008
Met my future husband... I hope... in September of 2008
Went to Buenos Aires/Punta del Este, Uruguay in November of 2008
Started training for ALC8 with my new man in December of 2008
Went home to see the family over the Holidays while my man was in Rio de Janiero (NOT FUN!!)
Almost lost my man in January 2008
Did lose my job in January 2008
Found a new job in February 2008
Started that job and took a trip to Palm Springs with... my man in March 2008.

Which brings us up to today.

I now work for a great company called AnimationMentor.com. It's an online animation school founded by three animators from major studios who felt students weren't learning marketable skills. The team I work on is really cool and there's still a startup feel to the company, even though it's no longer considered that.

The only glitch is that the job is over in Emeryville and I live in San Francisco. I have to cross the bay and I don't have a car. I take BART every morning and then catch the free Emery-Go-Round shuttle (cute huh?) which drops me off right at my office building. The commute to work takes about 35 minutes on a good day when I can hit all the stops with little, if any, wait time. Coming home for some reason takes about 45 minutes, and not quite as easy to hit all the stops just right.

So I'm thinking about getting a car. Something inexpensive, probably used, so that I can jump across the bridge for work. K (as I'm going to refer to my man from now on) loaned me his car for a couple of days last week and I have to say, the 15 minute commute, each way, was AWESOME.

Now on to craigslist to find my next chariot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home